Hey Daisey Fresh family! It’s Lori again from The Kitchen Whisperer! Have I got a great recipe for you today that is light, healthy and super delicious! Ever since I was introduced to Daisey Fresh filters it’s like I have a garden of fresh fruits and veggies in my fridge that lasts weeks! These 100% natural and organic filters are truly a life (or should I say ‘fruit and veggie’) saver in the kitchen!
Today I’m sharing with you my favorite summer/into football season snack. It’s loaded with protein and fresh veggies and it’s so super simple. I mean there’s ZERO cooking involved! And who doesn’t like that?!
Now By following some basic guidelines you can extend the life of your fresh fruits and veggies up to 2-3 times longer!
- Don’t store your fruits and veggies in the same drawer. The reason being is that fruits that emit high levels of ethylene (the agent that causes them to ripen) can prematurely ripen and spoil any surrounding vegetables in the same drawer.
- In each drawer in your fridge, place a Daisey Fresh holder with filter (be sure to change the filters every 30 days)!
- Never store your fruits or veggies in closed plastic bags. It’s best to let them breathe. By allowing them to breathe, you’re allowing the Daisey Fresh filters work their magic!
So how do Daisey Fresh filters work and why should you use them?
When your fruits and veggies are in their separated, respective drawers in the fridge, moisture is drawn out – i.e., the whole premise of a crisper drawer. The more moisture is drawn out, the faster the decay process. By having these 100% natural and organic Daisey Fresh filters in your drawers you’re absorbing that moisture and the ethylene gas thus allowing your fruits and veggies to stay fresher, longer.
So this holiday/football/hockey season you’ll definitely want to keep this Creamy Tuna Pepper Canapes in your recipe line up. I made a big batch on a Sunday and not only was it perfect for Sunday movie night but also it was perfect for lunches throughout the week!
What I would advise though is only fill the peppers when you’re going to be serving them. Don’t pre-fill them.
Now if you didn’t have peppers on hand you pretty much can use any veggie that either has a cavity or one that you can hollow up. FYI… cucumber boats are AWESOME with this filling!
So with that, make sure you head on over and order yourself a few kits and help keep your summer garden fruits and veggies fresher longer!
Best Kitchen Wishes!
Lori | The Kitchen Whisperer
Recipe: Creamy Tuna Pepper Canapes
8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
8 ounces albacore tuna, drained
3-4 Tbl mayo (or plain greek yogurt)
1 tsp dill
3/4 tsp garlic salt
2 tsp soy sauce (low sodium)
1 tbl parsley
Chives for garnish
1-2 lbs mini bell peppers, cut in half length ways and seeded
- In a food processor combine the cream cheese, tuna, mayo, dill, garlic salt, soy sauce and parsley until smooth and creamy. If it’s too thick, add another Tbl of mayo.
- Spoon or pipe the mixture into the peppers and garnish with chives.
- Store in the fridge until ready to serve.